Friday, May 16, 2008

Graduation

Wow, it's hard to believe I finally graduated. Glory to God that I did make it. Five years ago, I never thought I'd be here, graduating one year early and being so happy! It is truly a miracle.
This whole year I have felt so confident and prepared. Even the day before graduation I felt fine. Things just hadn't sunk in yet. Then, a couple hours before graduation, when Steve and I were jumping on the trampoline... it started to hit me. And when we got dressed and ready... it hit me even more. And when I showed up to the school and put on my gown... it was overwhelming and the nerves started. I didn't even know I could get that nervous for something. I was thinking of every little thing that could go wrong and I was frightened.
But when I walked across the stage (and they even said my name right) and moved the tassel on my cap from the left to the right, my nerves were gone and the excitement kicked in. I have to be honest, throwing up our caps was a lot more fun then I thought it'd be.
And just like that, I was graduated. It's still sinking in. A couple times I've caught myself thinking "when I go back to school..." but for the most part I'm getting used to it. It's really really exciting.













And then we went camping...

No comments: